Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Video

What, you mean if I was born a little later I may not of had to dissect that revolting lambs heart in science. Online dissections...what an invention! I recently wrote a science lesson plan which involved a U tube clip to explain the movement and directions of the Sun, Earth and Moon. I firstly physically explained this with a marble, tennis ball, and basket ball but to reinforce this knowledge with a video clip not only proved to the students I was telling the truth but provided them with extra visual cues and they could relate to it being in space. Oliver's (1999)learning design could provide the framework for a lesson like this. The children's task could be to create a poster displaying the Sun, Earth and Moon and the direction each moves. The Learning supports are my instructional teaching and the learning resources is the U tube clip. How simple yet very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment